Friday 24 January 2014

Hong Kong

When I was 12 years old I visited Hong Kong with my family. I travelled upper class there and back which is definitely an advantage when it's 12 hours flying time. 

I enjoy flying upper because it reduces my jetlag as I'm able to sleep well on the plane. I also like the luxury of choosing a nice meal from a menu and eating lot of Hagan Diaz ice cream! 

When we arrived in Hong Kong, we got a taxi straight to a 5* hotel called 'The Majestic'. We stayed there for 2 days before jetting off to Thailand.

Hong Kong was an amazing place and I would most definitely visit again. I loved the hustle and bustle of the city and I felt culturally enriched by the surroundings. 

Browsing the ladies market was one of my favourite memories from Hong Kong. I remember being so overwhelmed at the long stretch of market stalls which sold all sorts of fake designer goods for a very small price.



I remember my parents wanting to go up the peak - which is a vertical train that takes you to the highest point. We had an amazing view of the city but I remember being so bored, hot and wishing we had stayed at the ladies market for longer.



I remember Hong Kongs underground tubes being absolutely immaculate and so much safer than the UK. There were glass panels which opened and closed when the train arrived - preventing people from falling onto the tracks. The trains had TV's onboard, as well as refreshing air con - keeping passengers nice and cool. 

Hong Kong was an amazing city and I can't wait to visit again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment