Friday 23 May 2014

My colourful hair trip!

I used to have really healthy, long, naturally brunette hair until I stupidly decided to completely dye it bleach blonde 2 years ago and unfortunately my hair has never fully recovered.

This is me in 2011 with Megan, one of my best friends at University. I can't believe this was 3 years ago! Time really does fly by :(


My sister, Katie dyed my hair in the garden at my Mums house that summer. My Mum went absolutely mental and kicked us both out the house for some reason... I had soaking wet hair from where Katie had tried washing out the dye and we ended up in Spoons toilets drying my hair haha .. classy!

My stepmum whose a hairdresser had to then help make my hair look better by applying a full head of blonde highlights to my brunette hair. The result was this ...


My hair looks in pretty good condition considering it had been completely bleached from brunette to bleach blonde. However, as time passed I had to constantly have my roots done and consequently my hair started to fall out and become extremely thin and unhealthy. 


As you can start to notice from the pictures, my hair was starting to get worse and worse. I never really looked after it by applying deep conditioning masks or avoiding heated appliances, therefore it kept getting worse. 


I started missing my gorgeous long, healthy locks and decided to buy hair extensions to give me some volume and thickness. I wanted my brunette hair back again and stupidly dyed it brunette again. 


From this point, I knew I had to start sorting my hair out and looking after it more. From here onwards, I invested in so many different highstreet products that claimed to make your hair grow thicker. My favourite product was the L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology thickening shampoo and conditioner as well as the deep conditioning mask. I bought these products from Boots and was pleased with the results, so I will keep purchasing these until my hair is back to its normal, healthy thickness. 

My top tip is NEVER dye your hair... Jokes! But if you do make sure you always look after it otherwise you'll pay a massive price for the mistake and be left with thin, short, horrible, brittle hair and nobody wants that. 

What hair products do you use? 

Amy xx 






No comments:

Post a Comment